Facial Aesthetics…..What you need to know
Facial Aesthetic treatments are no longer the reserve of the rich and famous, it is now more freely available and extends further than just injections into your forehead to remove frown lines and giving ladies the infamous trout pout. Many people are unaware that some dental practices offer facial aesthetic treatments. I have put together a need to know list for patients to read before having the treatment!
- The ‘trout pout’ is dead. Dermal fillers have significantly moved on in recent years and then now contain more natural products than they ever used too, this means that they are not as permanent making those dreaded, exaggerated outcomes a thing of the past. Nowadays dermal fillers are a safe and versatile treatment that gives ladies the chance to enhance plumpness to the lips, cheeks and face with excellent results. The dermal fillers normally last approximately 6-9 months.
- There is no need for the “frozen” look when using anti-wrinkle. The Botulinum toxin used in anti-wrinkle injections works by temporarily relaxing facial muscles to smooth out lines and wrinkles. So yes, this can cause reduced movement as a side effect, but it is possible to take a more gradual approach. Smaller doses can be used to gently reduce lines and give a more natural look, whilst still maintaining facial expressions.
- How long does anti-wrinkle treatment last? The treatment is not permanent. Depending on the area treated, dose used, and how you respond, repeat treatments will be required around every 3 – 6 months. The more often you have the treatment done the need for treatment reduces as the muscles become trained to relax.
- Giving your face that overdue lift. The misconception of the general public is that a facelift is a costly treatment that requires invasive surgery and can only be done in a hospital. Facial thread treatment is a new treatment that takes approximately 30 minutes, is minimally invasive and the results will leave you with a reshaped face and restored volume.
- Is it going to cost me and arm and a leg? The short answer is no. Dentist who complete facial treatments normally set their prices lower than what a private Doctor would if you were to have the treatment in a hospital. Each Dentist sets their prices differently and is patient specific, my advice is to have a free consultation where you can speak to your dentist about what results you want and they can give you an honest treatment plan and cost.
As treatments become more and more available it is important that you know that facts. Many places offer facial aesthetic treatments, however as the old adage goes you get what you pay for. At the Dental Practice you are going to be treated by a Dentist who has spent many years not only studying teeth but the facial area, so have a greater understanding of what is necessary and required to give you a more confident look and feel.